[corosync] Is there any open source tools using votequorum's quorum device now

george puttycn at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 06:15:58 GMT 2012

Hi,

2012/6/8 Fabio M. Di Nitto <fdinitto at redhat.com>

> On 6/8/2012 7:38 AM, george wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > I found votequorum support QUORUM_DEVICE(qdisk in cman previously), and
> >  is there any open source tools using quorum device now ?
>
> the QUORUM_DEVICE api is not built in votequorum and marked EXPERIMENTAL.
>
> It is NOT supported at the moment.
>
> Most of the functionality that a quorum device provides, have been
> replaced by wait_for_all, last_man_standing and auto_tie_breaker
> features in votequorum, that would make a use of a quorum device
> completely unnecessary.

The behavior of auto_tie_breaker in the scenarios of  split brain is
the set of nodes that are still in contact with the node
that has the lowest nodeid will remain quorate. But I think it is
a arbitrary behavior,because maybe the quorate nodes can't
provide the services,on the contrary the nodes can't contact with the
lowest nodeid could provide the services.

So I need another way to determine which partition could provide the
service correctly, like ping the gateway.

--
Best Regards,
Qiu Zhigang