[corosync] corosync supported platforms / osx / illumos

Helmut Hartl helmut.hartl at firmos.at
Fri Jun 1 19:20:18 GMT 2012

Hello,

we are currently evaluating different options for group communication
and HA features for our software.

The statements regarding pure opensource and BSD licence sound very
interresting to us, and also the list of supported systems.

While failing (quick try) to build corosync on OSX Lion 10.7.4
(libqb fails to compile for corosync 2.0.1, corosync 1.4.3 fails
with unknown linker options (osx has unfortunately
moved away from pure gcc)).

We also had no luck on Illumos/Openindiana 151a4, which would
be our main platform.

So it seems that sadly currently corosync is not working out of
the box for the systems we tried - But before we start to invest
time to try to fix things  ourselves I would like to ask if
a) Supporting the above mentioned platforms is wanted,
    so that patches are accepted ?
and
b) Is the dependency on libqb (which is licenced LPGL) mandatory/planned ?

The webpage suggested no dependencies at all, and I did not
find a quick answer.

The reason i ask is that our commercial software is going
to be released under a New BSD style licence too, some tools are
linked statically and this dependency would not fit in our plans.

Thank you,

helmut