[corosync] Troubleshooting methods for failed process

Earl Ruby eruby at webcdr.com
Thu Nov 10 23:47:41 GMT 2011

On 11/10/2011 12:54 AM, Andreas Kurz wrote:
> default monitor is requesting the status url of apache ... so typically
> mod_status is not enabled and therefor the monitoring fails.
>
> Either enable mod_status for local requests or change the "statusurl"
> parameter.
>
> ocf ra info / man ocf_heartbeat_apache ... are your friend ;-)

mod_status *is* enabled. If I manually start Apache and run:

wget http://127.0.0.1/server-status/

... I get back the status page.

According to the man page (which I'd read, thanks) for
ocf_heartbeat_apache the statusurl "will be inferred from the apache
configuration file", but I went ahead and set the parameter. Since the
man page is unclear about where to set the parameter I tried setting it
in the "op monitor" section:

primitive WebSite ocf:heartbeat:apache \
         operations $id="WebSite-operations" \
         op start interval="0" timeout="40" \
         op stop interval="0" timeout="60" \
         op monitor interval="10" timeout="20" start-delay="0"
statusurl="http://127.0.0.1/server-status/" \
         meta target-role="started"

I also tried setting it in the "params" section:

primitive WebSite ocf:heartbeat:apache \
         params statusurl="http://127.0.0.1/server-status/" \
         operations $id="WebSite-operations" \
         op start interval="0" timeout="40" \
         op stop interval="0" timeout="60" \
         op monitor interval="10" timeout="20" start-delay="0" \
         meta target-role="Started"

I tailed the Apache log and I see that when ocf_heartbeat_apache tries
to start Apache it's getting a 404 on "/", not "/server-status/". I also
tried setting:

statusurl="127.0.0.1/server-status/"
statusurl="/server-status/"

In all cases the Apache log shows 404 on "/", indicating that
ocf_heartbeat_apache is checking for "/", not "/server-status/". (In my
config, "/" is *not* a valid URL, so the 404 is correct for "/".)

Am I setting statusurl in the wrong place? It looks like
ocf:heartbeat:apache is just ignoring the setting. It's definitely not
checking http://127.0.0.1/server-status/.

--
Earl C. Ruby III
Director of Engineering